NBC responds to discrimination claims made by Sharon Osbourne
Sharon Osbourne, take heed to the kind words courtesy of NBC. The T.V network shot back at claims made by Osbourne that they fired her son over his recent diagnosis which they say is totally-utter absolutely rubbish.
First, we have the deepest affection for Sharon Osbourne and consider her to be part of the NBC family. And our hearts go out to her, [husband] Ozzy, Jack and his family at this time. We hold medical information in strict confidence and therefore cannot comment specifically about Jack, but as a company that cares deeply about the health and safety of everyone on our shows — especially one like Stars Earn Stripes that requires dangerous water stunts, strenuous physical activity, and uses live ammunition — we required all potential participants to undergo medical vetting to ensure that they could safely participate.
Although we did not ask Jack to participate in the competition, we were able to offer him two substantial alternative roles on the show, both of which he declined. This network does not discriminate on any basis.”
- Sharon Osbourne, NBC Trade Barbs (abcnews.go.com)
- Sharon Osbourne in reality show battle with NBC (thehimalayantimes.com)
- Nbc – Nbc Bosses Respond To Sharon Osbourne’s Tv Allegations (contactmusic.com)
- Sharon Osbourne – Sharon Osbourne Fall Out With Nbc (contactmusic.com)
- Sharon Osbourne – Sharon Osbourne Quits America’s Got Talent (contactmusic.com)
- Sharon Osbourne in reality show battle (boston.com)