GB medal haul is nations biggest haul in more than a century
LONDON, ENGLAND: Four years ago, Britain took home some 49 medals at the Beijing games and that alone was a huge year for the nation celebrating a massive Olympic achievement — but surely this year remains the nations biggest year/haul in over a century.
In this years games, Britain took home a total 48 medals 22 of them being gold those 22 being the most gold medals the nation has taken home since roughly 1908.
The medals weren’t the only exciting thing this year at the games, as the host country is the only country to compete in all the games at the events simply well because they’re hosting the games.
Our favorite pick? Bradley Wiggins, of course who became the first Brit to win the Tour-De-France and absolutely dominated in his last week event.
- National Sport: Dressage gold as GB beat Beijing haul (coventrytelegraph.net)
- Six gold Sir Chris Hoy says five gold Redgrave is Britain’s best Olympian (standard.co.uk)
- Britain celebrates biggest Olympic gold rush since 1908 – Yahoo! Eurosport UK (uk.eurosport.yahoo.com)
- Australia applauds Britain’s medal haul at Games (reuters.com)
- Britain aims to add to gold haul (bbc.co.uk)
- Boris: ‘I think it inconceivable I’m going to be Prime Minister’ (itv.com)