Refs draw fire at Olympics
Who needs the athletes, when you have the referees? That’s for sure. As seen in the Canadian game against the United States; the refs of the Olympics appear to be stealing the show this year during the games.
Take Alex Morgan for example: Whilst she made the winning goal in the game against Canada during an extra minute of time, the ref stirred controversy after Canada claimed that the U.S.A cheated and so on.
Cop a look at some other hilarious ref moments in the Atlanta Journal Constitution
- Canada’s Christine Sinclair accuses ref of deciding result before match after semifinal loss to U.S. (stltoday.com)
- Canada’s Christine Sinclair accuses ref of deciding result before match after semifinal loss to U.S. (sports.yahoo.com)
- FIFA may discipline Canadian players, coach over ref remarks (cbc.ca)
- Canadians lose heartbreaker to U.S. in women’s soccer semi (cbc.ca)
- Referee Absurdities Fit With An Unbelievable USA Vs. Canada Olympic Semifinal (sbnation.com)
- LONDON OLYMPICS: Women’s soccer nail-biter- Romney horse returns for Olympics dressage- Obama backs tax-free medals- Full Coverage: London Olympics (foxnews.com)