Colbert causes hilarious VP Wikipedia lockdown
If you’re Stephen Colbert, than you probably have a bit more power than you ever thought you did. The hilarious T.V host was on air last night whilst suggesting to his viewers that they should go to Wikipedia.org and edit the pages of their favorite VP contenders for Mitt Romney [as many times as possible].
Little did he know, his viewers did and thousands of times. So many times Wikipedia locked down the edits to avoid any informational mishaps.
“So, nation, let your voice be heard in this historic decision,” Colbert told his viewers. “Go on Wikipedia, and make as many edits as possible to your favorite VP contender.”
- Game Over: Wikipedia Locks Down Potential VP Pages In Response to Colbert Mischief-Making (techpresident.com)
- Colbert Causes Wikipedia VP Lockdown (newser.com)
- WIKIPEDIA locks possible VP’s pages (investmentwatchblog.com)
- Wikipedia locks possible VP’s pages (politico.com)
- Wikipedia Locks Pages Of Possible VP Contenders After Stephen Colbert Wreaks Havoc (mediaite.com)
- Wikipedia locks down pages of VP contenders after excessive edits (thehill.com)