Beyonce and Jay-Z fall under fire for negligence to ‘social responsibility”
Say your, perhaps Harry Belafonte then your probably not an apparent big fan of Beyonce and Jay-Z and not because of their music. Belafonte gave an interview to the Hollywood Reporter earlier this week slamming Jay-Z for his contributions to ‘social responsibility’.
Not at all. They have not told the history of our people, nothing of who we are. We are still looking. We are not determinated. We are not driven by some technology that says you can kill Afghans, the Iraqis or the Spanish. It is all — excuse my French — s**t. It is sad. And I think one of the great abuses of this modern time is that we should have had such high-profile artists, powerful celebrities. But they have turned their back on social responsibility. That goes for Jay-Z and Beyonce, for example. Give me Bruce Springsteen, and now you’re talking. I really think he is black.
- Quick Quotes: Harry Belafonte Is Not Here For Beyonce And Jay-Z (crunktastical.net)
- Harry Belafonte: Jay-Z And Beyonce “Turned Their Backs On Social Responsibility…Give Me Bruce Springsteen…I Really Think He’s Black” (alan.com)
- Harry Belafonte Says Jay-Z and Beyonce ‘Have Turned Their Back on Social Responsibility’ (clutchmagonline.com)
- Who Run The World: Beyonce Goes To The U.N. [PHOTO] (top10queen.wordpress.com)
- Harry Belafonte is right to lament the death of black celebrity activism | Tricia Rose (guardian.co.uk)
- Harry Belafonte: Jay-Z, Beyoncé ‘have turned their back on social responsibility’ (thegrio.com)