Julian Assange: Quick witted Wikileaks founder faces boredom, stress inside Ecuador embassy
According to BBC, Ecuadorian officials did in fact grant Assange asylum however now they’re looking at a possibility of allowing extradition only on the condition that no further extradition from Sweden occurs, and that his safety is 101% ensured from the United States.
Assange, who remains holed up in the embassy thanks to immunity and protection from the Ecuadorian government surely is borderline bored by now.
All along, the fear in this specific situation has been that both Assange and Ecuadorian officials believe that if at any one point in time Assange reaches U.S soil he’d be put to death.
- LUV News on Julian Assange (seniorsforademocraticsociety.wordpress.com)
- Julian Assange asylum: Britain will not give safe passage, says William Hague … – The Guardian (guardian.co.uk)
- Julian Assange ‘doing all right’ amid Ecuador asylum row (guardian.co.uk)
- Assange to make statement at embassy: WikiLeaks (worldbulletin.net)
- Ecuador grants political asylum to Assange (thehindu.com)
- Ecuador gives asylum to WikiLeak’s Assange (english.ruvr.ru)