Meet the ladies of the U.S Senate
This time around, Democrats are winning the so-called ‘War on Women’ or at least the fundraising war that is. The 12 women running for U.S senate this fall have raised nearly three times as much as their Republican rivals have.
According to POLITICO, Republican’s have only raised a mere $42million whilst their Democrat counterparts have raised a staggering $110million+. The major cash surge comes mainly from liberal donors who are throwing down big chunks of cash to secure spots in some of the hottest swing-states right now.
Thanks in part to EMILY’S list.
- Rep. Akin Wins U.S. Senate Primary In Missouri (npr.org)
- Brian Nestande, CA Republican, Resigns As Chair After Voting With Democrats To Increase Taxes (huffingtonpost.com)
- Lingle, Hirono win Hawaii U.S. Senate primaries (reuters.com)
- Paul Ryan may have serious impact on NM’s race for U.S. Senate (KOB.com)
- Linda McMahon wins Conn. GOP senate primary (cbsnews.com)
- Democrat Hirono wins US Senate primary in Hawaii (cnsnews.com)