Dear Republicans: Is ‘rape’ really OK?
Over the past couple of days, Republicans have shown that they are nonetheless doing their jobs with two sticks in the box, instead of three. Rep. Todd Akins first made the comment that ‘legitimate rape victims don’t get pregnant’ whilst now another Republican ['the infamous Mike Huckabee] has come forward claiming that rape creates some ‘extraordinary people’.
Now in a way, he is correct. Whether or not a person is made by rape, or consensual sex, everybody is extraordinary correct? But the way Huckabee conveyed his comment on his live radio show this morning made it sound as if he believed any kind of rape is ‘OK’ because it produces extraordinary people.
Are Republican’s that far gone that they believe rape is in any way shape or form ‘legitimate’? Do they not understand how the human body works, more specifically a woman’s body? Whether it be rape, consensual, or random hanky-panky the entire point of a mans sperm is to well impregnate a woman.
Its not and never will be. Why do Republicans feel that things like this are okay? Do we really want these kind of people running the United States?
- Mike Huckabee Would Like to Remind You That Rape Has Created Some Extraordinary People [Todd Akin] (gawker.com)
- Mike Huckabee: ‘rape can create extraordinary people’ (theweek.co.uk)
- Mike Huckabee to Rep. Todd Akin: Rapes Have Created Amazing People! (patheos.com)
- Mike Huckabee would like to remind you that rape has created some extraordinary people [PSA] (fark.com)
- Huckabee: Rapes Create Some Amazing People (newser.com)
- Todd Akin clarifies he’s on the same page as Paul Ryan on ‘forcible rape’ (dailykos.com)