Bye bye Akin? Not so fast — Republican senate hopeful not out of race
When Missouri Rep Todd Akin made comments that ‘legitimate rape victims do not get pregnant’ hundreds even across the Republican party demanded that he and his controversial comments take the new train out of Washington, however he apparently has chosen to defy those orders.
Akin’s response on a radio show this morning:
“I’m in this race for the long haul and we’re going to win it,” Akin told conservative radio host Dana Loesch.
The call for dismissal:
We do not believe it serves the national interest for Congressman Todd Akin to stay in this race,” said the statement by Sen. Roy Blunt and former senators Danforth, Bond, John Ashcroft and Jim Talent. “The issues at stake are too big, and this election is simply too important. The right decision is to step aside.”
- Blunt, Ashcroft, Bond, Talent & Danforth Ask Akin To Step Aside (fox2now.com)
- Blunt, Ashcroft, Bond, Talent to Akin: Get out (midwestdemocracy.com)
- Bond, Blunt, Danforth, Ashcroft, Talent to Akin: Get out (kansascity.com)
- MO GOP Senators call for Akin to quit (kshb.com)
- Ignoring Calls to Quit, Akin Appeals to Voters in Ad (nytimes.com)
- Breaking: Five Top Missouri Republicans Ask Todd Akin to Step Down (Video) (thegatewaypundit.com)