Ecuador sends final warning about Assange to UK
LONDON, ENGLAND: In wake of further ongoing controversy of Julian Assange, Ecuadorian officials have again released a new warning to the United Kingdom against their threat that they will invade the embassy and seize custody of Julian Assange.
“I think it would be suicidal for Great Britain to enter Ecuador’s embassy. Later on, they could have their own embassies violated in all corners of the globe, and they’d have nothing to say about it,” President Rafael Correa told state TV.
- Ecuador president warns UK not to enter embassy to seize Julian Assange (guardian.co.uk)
- Happening now: UK threatening to raid embassy in search of Assange (bazaardaily.com)
- Correa: Storming embassy to seize Assange would be UK’s ‘political suicide’ (rt.com)
- Ecuador’s Correa Says Storming Embassy To Seize Assange Would Be UK’s ‘Political Suicide’ (eurasiareview.com)
- Assange to break silence as more countries rally behind Ecuador (rt.com)
- Top Story: Ecuador grants asylum, Assange to remain in embassy indefinitely (bazaardaily.com)