Woman caught in massive lie about alleged hate crime: Charged
Daily News has learned of a a Nebraska woman who was charged with lying about a fabricated hate crime yesterday, after she claimed that she was nakedly bound by four men whom entered her home and wrote anti-gay slurs all over her body.
Charlie Rogers, was arrested Tuesday for false reporting in a hate crime that she claimed happened inside her Nebraska home after ‘four men broke into my home, bound me naked, and then wrote anti-gay slurs on my body’.
Investigators later discovered that there were many holes in Rogers story and later arrested her via warrant for her lies.
“A great deal of time and resources were spent investigating Charlie Rogers’ claims in hopes of identifying and arresting the three suspects in this case,” Lincoln Police said in a statement. “As the investigation progressed and additional interviews were completed, the department received results from forensic analysts and experts making it apparent that the physical evidence conflicted with Charlie Rogers’ version of events.”
- Lesbian who reported ‘hate crime’ attack staged incident, Nebraska police say – CNN International (edition.cnn.com)
- Lesbian who alleged Nebraska hate crime to be charged with lying about attack (usnews.nbcnews.com)
- Nebraska woman who claimed anti-gay hate crime lied-police (news.terra.com)
- Nebraska Woman Who Said She Was Attacked, Cut at Home to Be Charged with Faking Anti-Gay Hate Crime (towleroad.com)
- Lincoln woman accused of making up hate crime (omaha.com)
- Police: Neb. woman faked attack to spark change (newsok.com)