Dozens hacked to death in Kenya
KENYA: According to local authorities, who spoke to Daily News on the condition of anonymity more than 46 locals [mainly women and children] were hacked to death by gangs battling over cattle rights this week.
Authorities say the deaths which were mainly women and children occurred after gangs ignited violence after controversy erupted over cattle grazing rights in the country became an issue.
Witnesses told Daily News that machete wielding gangs were mostly responsible for the deaths, as they also burned numerous villages during the attacks.
Government officials would not directly comment on the number of deaths.
- Dozens killed in Kenya clashes (oddonion.com)
- Kenya: At Least 48 Brutally Slaughtered In Ethnic Clashes (eurasiareview.com)
- Dozens Dead in Kenya Clashes (nytimes.com)
- Dozens Hacked And Burned To Death In Kenya (news.sky.com)
- At least 48 people brutally slaughtered in ethnic clashes in Kenya (rt.com)
- 48 lives lost in ethnic clashes in rural Kenya (thehimalayantimes.com)