[News Brief] Nationwide memorial planned for gunned down miners
SUDAN, SOUTH AFRICA: According to officials, memorials for gun downed miners in south Africa will be seen across the country over the next week in memory of the fallen miners that lost their lives protecting their jobs.
The memorials come after President Jacob Zuma visited the territory and platinum mines in attempt to ease growing tensions.
Zuma’s office denied request for comment.
- South Africa mine ‘massacre’: Jacob Zuma orders inquiry (telegraph.co.uk)
- Jacob Zuma declares period of mourning for South African miners (telegraph.co.uk)
- South Africa President Zuma visits striking miners as high wages spread to other mines (foxnews.com)
- Zuma finally visits miners at heart of Marikana dispute (euronews.com)
- 34 South African Miners Gunned Down By Police (theroot.com)
- Julius Malema calls for Jacob Zuma to resign over “massacre” of 34 striking miners (telegraph.co.uk)