See? The GOP does flat out lie
TAMPA, FLORIDA: Need anymore proof that the GOP will do anything to win people over in this years election? Just ask 31-year-old delegate Barbara Ann Fenton, who would like people to believe that the GOP is and always has been gay friendly.
Sorry GOP we’re calling you out on your lie.
“As a Roman Catholic, there’s nobody in this room who believes (more than I do) that the definition of marriage is between one man and one woman, but those are my religious beliefs,” Fenton said as she made the motion Monday. “This country was founded on the separation of church and state.”
She added, “For my own generation, a lot of times homosexuality is not the biggest deal in the world. And that’s OK.”
- GOP Platform Rejects Civil Unions (themoderatevoice.com)
- GOP cancels convention on Monday night (bazaardaily.com)
- Changes to GOP’s Same-Sex Marriage Plank Fail (blogs.wsj.com)
- GOP Platform Committee Rejects Endorsement Of Civil Unions (outsidethebeltway.com)
- The Separation of Church and State. Oh, Fuck It. (balloon-juice.com)