Britain mocked for working alleged lion sighting
ESSEX, ENGLAND: We can officially say our afternoon was baffled, literally. Moments ago, we received a statement from the Essex police precinct regarding the sighting of an alleged lion roaming a field in Essex.
If only you could’ve seen the simultaneous ……. You’ve got to be kidding.
A delivery lad for the police delivered this exact statement: Word for Word
“The large cat, believed to be a lion, was seen in fields off Earls Hall Drive in St Oysth, near Clacton, just before 7pm on Sunday,” an Essex police spokesman said.
Public safety is our priority which is why we are taking the sighting and all associated evidence seriously.
“We have an increased police presence in the area which will offer reassurance to local residents, motorists and holidaymakers.
“For those who wish to take a walk in the countryside surrounding Clacton, then we would just ask them to be extra vigilant and cautious.”
Daily News cannot confirm nor deny this story — ironically even though our offices are located just outside of Essex… [lol].
- Police Fear Safety Of Essex Lion (ranknews.wordpress.com)
- Cops hunt for lion in Essex (sfluxe.com)
- Essex Police Investigate ‘Lion’ Sighting Near St Osyth (sott.net)
- Police hunting gunman after man is shot dead (independent.co.uk)
- Cops hunt gunman after double shooting in Clacton (thesun.co.uk)
- Guard of honour usher in silver hearse at funeral of Pc killed in Clacton shooting Ian Dibell (independent.co.uk)