Hurricane Issac: Storm threatening oil production
NEW YORK, NEW YORK: Executives at Exxon Mobile confirmed to Daily News that employee evacuations amongst the coast have begun, halting all production of oil and other products made by the BP company.
A spokesperson for the U.S Safety Bureau of Environmental Enforcement tells Daily News that more than 25% of all oil production [approximately 50 rigs] has been evacuated amongst the Gulf Coast as of this morning ahead of the storm.
The oil company hopes to monitor the forecast over the next few days to determine if any further stations need to be shut down, as many already have. More than 8% of all natural gas production has been stopped.
- Storm watch: Issac extends to hurricane strength: Louisiana on watch (bazaardaily.com)
- Top Story: Emergency declared as Hurricane Issac barrels for New Orleans (bazaardaily.com)
- Weather Warning: Issac nearing power of Katrina as anniversary of deadly hurricane looms (bazaardaily.com)
- Issac storm strengthening as it nears struggling Haiti (bazaardaily.com)
- Storm Isaac heads for U.S. Gulf Coast, hurricane warning issued | Reuters (2012indyinfo.com)