Study: Dad time can help up self esteem in teens
When they say spending time with dear ol dad is crucial in a teenage boy or girls life, they really mean that. According to a new study, specifically in the lives of teenagers, spending time with duddy can be beneficial more than one just may think.
“The stereotype that teenagers spend all their time holed up in their rooms or hanging out with friends is, indeed, just a stereotype,” said Susan McHale, director of the Social Science Research Institute at Penn State. “Our research shows that, well into the adolescent years, teens continue to spend time with their parents and that this shared time, especially shared time with fathers, has important implications for adolescents’ psychological and social adjustment.”
The study conducted tracked more than 200 families and found that the more time teens spend with their father — self confidence boosted significantly.
- Hanging out with parents boosts teen self-esteem (futurity.org)
- Parent time gives teens a boost (news.com.au)
- Study: Spending time with Dad good for teen self-esteem (cnn.com)
- Study: Spending time with Dad good for teen self-esteem (fox13now.com)
- Spending Time With Parents Has Benefits For A Teenager’s Well-Being (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Time with parents is important for teens’ well-being (sciencedaily.com)