Breaking News: JJB shares collapse as funding battle is lost
LONDON, ENGLAND: Shares in ailing sports retailer JJB Sports have sharply fallen more than 69% following a saddening announcement revealing just how bad the company is doing these days around.
“Given the level of current debt within the company, there can be no assurance that any proposal or offer that may be made would attribute value to the ordinary shares of the company,” JJB said.
Following the announcement, Sky News reports that shares inside the company fell more than 69%.
- JJB Sports will probably collapse, says founder David Whelan (telegraph.co.uk)
- JJB struggles to survive even in a summer of sporting glory (guardian.co.uk)
- Invesco seeks control of JJB via debt deal (telegraph.co.uk)
- JJB Sports boss Jones steps down (bbc.co.uk)
- JJB shares plummet as US investor writes off £20m (thisismoney.co.uk)
- JJB in fresh financial crunch (independent.co.uk)