Relentless Issac forces several more evacuations
LA PLACE, LA: By 8p.m yesterday evening, more than 3,000 residents of La Place, Louisiana were evacuated from St. John The Baptist Parish after Hurricane Issac [now Tropical Storm Issac] pummeled the region with heavy waters, and massive floods.
According to Governor Bobby Jindal, an addition 1,500 people are expected to be evacuated by morning time.
- Storm watch: Issac extends to hurricane strength: Louisiana on watch (bazaardaily.com)
- Hurricane Issac: Storm threatening oil production (bazaardaily.com)
- Breaking News: Storm Issac reaches Hurricane strength, President Obama issues warning (bazaardaily.com)
- Top Story: Emergency declared as Hurricane Issac barrels for New Orleans (bazaardaily.com)
- Storm Watch: Hurricane Issac barreling for Louisiana, near Category 1 (bazaardaily.com)
- Weather Warning: Issac nearing power of Katrina as anniversary of deadly hurricane looms (bazaardaily.com)