London University stripped of rights to sponsor international students
LONDON, ENGLAND: According to the website of London’s Met University, the Uni has been stripped of all rights to sponsor international students at their facilities after authorities discovered that many of the students don’t have the right to be in the country.
Sky News notes that some 2,000 students could see deportation in the next 60 days without another sponsor; which could spell doom for many hopefuls attempting to get degrees.
- Education: 2,000 students ‘facing deportation’ (yorkshirepost.co.uk)
- UK News: 2,000 students ‘facing deportation’ (walesonline.co.uk)
- London Met loses non-EU sponsor status (morningstaronline.co.uk)
- Taskforce to help London Met international students (guardian.co.uk)
- London Met lost international student visa licence due to ‘systemic failure’ (guardian.co.uk)
- 2,000 students ‘facing deportation’ (express.co.uk)