Social Security sparks speculation of ‘war’
It all started when social security made an open bid for a large bunch of bullets, which almost instantaneously set off a firestorm amongst the blogosphere. Websites like Infowars posed several great questions as to why Social Security would need ‘bullets’.
Depending on whom you believe, some say the SSA is preparing for a financial meltdown whilst others believe they are preparing to ‘put down’ rioting citizens. The controversy first began to brew after this announcement was posted
“Social Security welfare is estimated to keep around 40 per cent of senior citizens out of poverty. Should the tap run dry in the aftermath of an economic collapse which the Federal Reserve has already told top banks to prepare for, domestic disorder could ensue if people are refused their benefits,” it said in a post.
Each bullet potentially “represents a dead American,” wrote retired Maj. Gen. Jerry Curry, an Army vet.
The Social Security Administration defended their open request for Hollow Point Bullets by citing that they are standard protocol for most police agencies, however many are not buying it.
- Social Security Administration To Purchase 174 Thousand Rounds Of Hollow Point Bullets (economicpolicyjournal.com)
- Why does Social Security need 174,000 hollow-point bullets? (oregonlive.com)
- Why does Social Security need 174,000 bullets? (cnsnews.com)
- Social Security buying 174,000 bullets (wptv.com)
- Why does Social Security need 174,000 bullets? (gazette.com)
- Why does Social Security need 174,000 bullets? (mywesttexas.com)