Almost 30% of health care spending is wasted.. [No surprise]
According to a new report (see here) nearly 30% of all U.S Healthcare spending is poof, pointless says the report. The report published by the Institute of Medicine claims that the U.S is blowing more than $750billion a year on healthcare, however not all of it is going where you think.
Some of that goes to fraud, price gauging, and other wasteless spending.
Sadly, this isn’t to much of a shocker.
- U.S. Health Care Waste Larger Than Pentagon Budget (blogs.the-american-interest.com)
- US healthcare system wastes $750 Billion a year due to fraud and unnecessary services (onehealthyblog.com)
- Healthcare system wastes $750 billion a year through fraud and waste, claims Institute of Medicine (investmentwatchblog.com)
- U.S. Health System Must Be Re-Engineered, IOM Panel Says – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Waste in the American Health Care System? (healthtrain.blogspot.com)
- US health care: It’s officially a mess, institute says (vitals.nbcnews.com)