NBC Universal: Jay Leno took 50% pay cut to stop Tonight Show layoffs
NEW YORK, NEW YORK: NBC UNIVERSAL confirmed yesterday that iconic T.V host Jay Leno took a 50% paycut o prevent any further layoffs from the legendary show in which he hosts.
CNN notes that last month the company laid off 20-50 of its employees but was halted from laying off anymore due to Leno’s substantial paycut to save most of his employees.
Calls to Leno went unanswered.
- Jay Leno Took 50% Pay Cut To Alleviate Tonight Show Layoffs, Per NBC (mediaite.com)
- Jay Leno – Jay Leno Mocks Network Over ‘tonight Show’ Staff Layoffs (contactmusic.com)
- NBC: Jay Leno Took 50% Pay Cut Amid Tonight Show Staff Layoffs (gossipcop.com)
- Network: Leno Took Pay Cut to Reduce Layoffs (fox8.com)
- Network: Leno took 50% pay cut (cnn.com)
- Network: Leno took 50 percent pay cut to reduce ‘Tonight Show’ layoffs (myfox8.com)