‘Innocence of Muslim’ film crew say they were ‘sadly misled’
According to a statement released by the staff and production crew of what we have come to call ‘Innocence of Muslims’ a film depicting the Mohammed Prophet as nothing more than a fraud, the crew themselves admit they were wrongfully misled and had no idea the film was going to come out this way.
“The entire cast and crew are extremely upset and feel taken advantage of by the producer,” they said in a statement to CNN about the movie, “Innocence of Muslims.”
“We are 100% not behind this film and were grossly misled about its intent and purpose,” continued the statement, which was sent to CNN by a member of the production staff who asked not to be identified for security reasons. “We are shocked by the drastic rewrites of the script and lies that were told to all involved. We are deeply saddened by the tragedies that have occurred.”
Daily News verified that the production staff did not know the film was called ‘Innocence of Muslims’ and was led to believe that it was a ‘Desert adventure film’ after the producer himself who has yet to be identified posted a casting call in July 2011 inside of BACKSTAGE magazine.
Are you Muslim/Islamic? Share with us why this movie offended you by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Does the Anti-Mohammed Film Exist? Does the Producer Exist? (reason.com)
- Latest On The Anti-Muslim Filmmakers That Sparked Mid East Violence (m.deadline.com)
- ‘It Makes Me Sick’: Actress in Muhammed Movie Says She Was Deceived, Had No Idea It Was About Islam [Gawker Exclusive] (gawker.com)
- Actors Had No Idea They Were In Anti-Muslim Propaganda Film (alan.com)
- Latest On The Anti-Muslim Filmmakers That Sparked Mid East Violence (deadline.com)
- copts aren’t behind all this (niqnaq.wordpress.com)