New York City successfully bans large sodas, sugary drinks
NYC mayor Michael Bloomberg successfully banned large sodas, and sugary drinks within the city limits of New York City yesterday with an 8-0 win with one absentee.
As NEWSER notes it wasn’t that difficult since Mayor B. was the one who created the board that ultimately decided the fate of soda in NYC.
- NYC bans big sugary drinks at eateries, theaters (miamiherald.com)
- New York City Approves Large Soda Ban, So Drink ‘Em If You’ve Got ‘Em (reason.com)
- NYC sugary drink ban OK’d (cbsnews.com)
- NYC bans big sugary drinks (timesunion.com)
- NYC bans big, sugary drinks at restaurants (newsobserver.com)
- NYC bans big, sugary drinks at eateries, theaters (sacbee.com)
- New York ban on supersize sodas (bbc.co.uk)
- It’s Official: New York Soda Ban Approved (huffingtonpost.com)