Chicago teacher strike continues
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS: According to Karen Lewis, a representative for The Chicago Teacher’s Union a majority of the teachers within the district did not want to officially suspend the strike that’s now had some 350,000 students out for a number of days.
Lewis said Sunday night that ‘most of the teachers did not want to amicably end the strike’. One of the key remaining issues just so happens to be ‘job security’ which was brought up in discussions behind closed doors according to unnamed teachers.
- 2012: Chicago Teachers Strike Over; or Is It? (brittaj17.wordpress.com)
- Breaking: Chicago teachers WILL go on strike (bazaardaily.com)
- Chicago teachers strike has parents scrambling (bazaardaily.com)
- Thousands of Striking Teachers Rally in Chicago (abcnews.go.com)
- Official: No deal yet reached in Chicago teacher strike (bazaardaily.com)