Chicago teachers strike could distort jobs report
Some 26,000 teachers remain out of the class rooms — which is what may or may not affect economic statistics. The strike itself is almost coinciding with the time period that the government collects national data for the jobs reports.
- 2012: Chicago Teachers Strike Over; or Is It? (brittaj17.wordpress.com)
- Decision looms for Chicago school teachers (bazaardaily.com)
- Decision looms for Chicago teachers (cnn.com)
- Busted: Chicago Teacher’s Union Caught Using Kids at Strike Protest (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- No school Friday but end of Chicago teacher strike may be near (cnn.com)
- Teachers are underpaid in Chicago and US overall (americablog.com)