Assange rips Obama in address to U.N
- “It must come as a surprise to Tunisians for Barack Obama to say the US supported the forces of change in Tunisia,” Assange said.
- “Mohamed Bouazizi did not set himself on fire so that Barack Obama could get reelected,” he added, referring to the 2011 self-immolation by a Tunisian fruit vendorthat sparked the uprising.
- WikiLeaks: ”It is time for the US to cease its persecution of WikiLeaks, our people and our sources,” he said, according to RT.com.
- Bradley Manning: He said the Army private accused of leaking secret military documents to the site has been “degraded, abused, and psychologically tortured” by US authorities.
- Britain, Ecuador Fail to Reach Agreement on Assange’s Fate (blogs.voanews.com)
- WikiLeaks’ Assange mocks Obama via video at U.N. event (dailystar.com.lb)
- Assange: Obama exploiting Arab Spring in campaign. (greatriversofhope.wordpress.com)