Mars Rover makes intriguing discovery of new evidence
PLANET MARS, MARS ROVER: According to NASA officials, a new discovery of evidence made via the Mars super-rover has led scientists to believe that they’ve discovered enough evidence to cite that at one point in history water was once flowing on the planet itself.
One of the rocks discovered on the planet, is called a Huttah; strategically named after Canada’s Huttah Lake. Jack Grotzinger told Daily News that the rock itself looks as if somebody took a ‘heavy hammer’ to it and possibly lifted it from a sidewalk.
Officials note that it is almost virtually impossible at this point to determine when exactly the water might have flowed, although they estimate that it did so ‘some thousands of not millions of years ago’
- Rover Makes Historic Find on Mars (huffingtonpost.com)
- Mars rover Curiosity finds evidence of ancient stream on red planet (news.nationalpost.com)
- You: Mars Rover Finds Water Evidence (thedailybeast.com)
- Mars Rover Finds Bed of Ancient Flowing Stream (news.discovery.com)
- Mars rover uncovers signs of ancient streambed (theprovince.com)
- NASA Mars rover uncovers signs of ancient streambed near equatorial landing site (ctvnews.ca)