Movie Review: Abducted The Carlina White Story
Normally, we fully review movies which are more like play-by-plays that actually last about 20 minutes worth of reading; however this time we’re actually just going to give a brief commentary on the film; because we feel this is a story you need to see.
Abducted The Carlina White Story is nonetheless a literal made for T.V story about a 19 year old girl who was kidnapped as a baby after her parents brought her into the emergency room to treat a fever.
The film itself brings many unnoticed aspects of kidnapping into the spotlight. Are your children really safe going into the hospital to be treated? Sometimes, in all actuality; no they are not.
Sherry Shephard, the star of Abducted had this to say about the film that continues to receive rave reviews:
Shepherd, who played Joy White in the movie, told the New York Daily News:
“I remember thinking, ‘How could that happen?’ And I was thinking from the perspective of Joy White, because I have a 7-year-old, oh my gosh, what would I do if somebody woke me up and said, ‘Somebody stole your son.’ And how did she cope year after year after year with her daughter not being with her.”
- ‘Steel Magnolias’ Not Only Lifetime Movie This Weekend, Also Watch ‘Abducted: The Carlina White Story’ (atlantablackstar.com)
- Alice Ripley, Heidi Blickenstaff, Patrick Page and More Star in SING ALONG Short Film (movies.broadwayworld.com)
- KeKe Palmer talks new movie ‘Abducted’: ‘Some people want me to remain little Akeelah’ (thegrio.com)
- ‘Steel Magnolias’ Averages 6.5 million Total Viewers in World Premiere (tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com)
- Lifetime TV presents “ABDUCTED: The Carlina White Story” This Weekend (praiserichmond.com)