eBay to launch daily deals site rivaling Groupon
If reports published over the weekend are to be believed, then the world can be delighted that yet another daily deals site (and no, we’re not talking about LivingSocial.com) may soon be in front of your very eyes.
The site, which is set to be called eBay Lifestyle Deals will feature deals in cities like Washington D.C & even Los Angeles.
“This is more competition for Groupon, but also more validation for Groupon’s business,” said Arvind Bhatia, an analyst at Sterne, Agree & Leach. “The market opportunity is big – that’s why you have Google, Amazon and now eBay committing themselves.”
- eBay launches Groupon-like local deals service in Bay Area, other markets (mercurynews.com)
- Groupon Shares Suffer As eBay Enters The Daily Deals Business (EBAY, GRPN) (businessinsider.com)
- eBay unveils big redesign, with nod to Pininterest (todayonline.com)
- With Lifestyle Deals, eBay Takes On Groupon, Google, Amazon, And Others (fastcompany.com)
- EBay makes a bid for daily-deal market (bottomline.nbcnews.com)
- Exclusive: eBay takes on Groupon over daily deals (news.yahoo.com)