Japan’s softbank snaps up 70% of Sprint
Apparently, an attempt to rival AT&T and Verizon by Sprint has finally been made. According to The Associated Press, a $20.1billion deal has been completed by Japanese telecom giant Softbank allowing them to take over more than 70% of Sprint.
Although, regulators still have to approve and personally review the deal it seems this may have been a seriously risky move for the Japanese telecom provider as they are already deeply in debt prior to having done this deal.
- Japan’s Softbank will buy 70% of Sprint (nextbigfuture.com)
- Softbank To Buy 70% Of Sprint For $20 Billion (5min.com)
- Billionaire CEO Of Japan’s Softbank Describes Huge Stake In Sprint In One Fantastic Quote (occupytvstations.com)
- Softbank Confirmed to Buy 70% of Sprint (mobilemarketingwatch.com)
- Japanese Softbank taking 70% stake of US carrier Sprint for $20B (9to5mac.com)
- Where does Softbank-Sprint rank? (finance.fortune.cnn.com)