Obama endorses state measures for gay marriage
After President Obama announced his support for gay marriage in May, he’s taken a new step to endorse state measures to help ensure that states like Maryland, and Washington state pass gay marriage laws even though opponents are toughly fighting it.
The AP reports. “Washington’s same-sex marriage law would treat all Washington couples equally, and that is why the president supports a vote to approve Referendum 74,” says Obama’s campaign press secretary in the state.
- President Obama Publicly Endorses Gay Marriage In Three States! (perezhilton.com)
- Obama Endorses Same-Sex Marriage Initiatives In 3 States (huffingtonpost.com)
- Obama backs gay marriage measures in 3 states (miamiherald.typepad.com)
- Obama endorses same-sex marriage initiatives in three states (tv.msnbc.com)
- Obama backs gay marriage measures in Maryland, Maine, Washington (wjla.com)
- President Obama Backs Gay Marriage In Maine, Maryland And Washington (queerty.com)