Romney forced gay couple to alter birth certificates of children
According to The Boston Globe, Mitt Romney’s one time promise of a more moderate stance on LGBT issues and gay in general, fell through, several times in the early 2000′s after he allegedly forced a group of gay parents to alter their children’s birth certificate to say Father: Second parent instead of father and father.
The Globe initially uncovered Romney’s harsh stance in Massachusetts only after seizing records of back and forth between his administration and the health department; which were only made available after Deval Patrick took office in 2007.
- John Becker: SHOCKING: As Governor, Romney Refused To Offer Accurate Birth Certificates To Children Of Same-Sex Couples (huffingtonpost.com)
- Gov. Romney Rejected Birth Certificates For Married Same-Sex Couples (towleroad.com)
- Mitt Romney blocked routine birth certificates for children of gay parents (dailykos.com)
- Romney Rejected Birth Certificates For Gay Parents (huffingtonpost.com)
- As Governor, Mitt Romney Blocked Birth Certificates To Gay Parents (queerty.com)
- Mitt Romney Blocked New Birth Certificates For Gay Parents (ontopmag.com)