Jimmy Saville family speaks out on abuse allegations
His family, this week, released a statement in regards to the abuse:
“Why would a man who raised so much money for charity, who gave so much of his own time and energy for others, risk it all doing indecent criminal acts?
“How could anyone live their life doing the ‘most good and most evil’ at the same time?”
The statement exclusively reveals why Saville’s family wanted his headstone removed, although it had just literally been placed two weeks before.
The family said: “We became more aware of the outrage that many members of the public were feeling. We took the decision to remove and destroy the headstone so that it couldn’t become a focus for malicious people.
“The decision was a difficult one to make, but we knew it was the right one.”
- Bombshell: British authorities in hot water over Jimmy Saville allegations (bazaardaily.com)
- Profile: Jimmy Saville accused of being profilifc sex offender (bazaardaily.com)
- Jimmy Savile sexual abuse scandal: Scotland Yard now dealing with 300 alleged victims (independent.co.uk)
- Jimmy Savile abuse victims have soared to 300 (sfluxe.com)
- Jimmy Savile: Police had SEVEN chances to arrest DJ (standard.co.uk)
- Nephew of Jimmy Savile ‘totally devastated’ – BBC News (bbc.co.uk)