Officials: Hurricane Sandy ‘Storm of the century’
As Hurricane Sandy continues its way for landfall, nearly half a million people across the east coast have been ordered to evacuate their homes as governors in multiple states have issued mandatory evacuation orders.
The Los Angeles Times has already begun to refer to Hurricane Sandy as ‘The Storm of the Century’ which has some wondering just how dangerous staying around may be.
Daily News reporter Harrison Hill, currently in D.C to cover the Presidential elections says he was ordered to leave his hotel after authorities issued a mandatory warning following the day long shutdown of the federal government.
Hill, says ‘Hurricane Sandy is pretty bad. I was here in my hotel when authorities came banging on my door ordering me to leave. It’s scary, thousands have already fled their homes’.
- Hurricane Sandy: Evacuations launched as Sandy barrels into United States (bazaardaily.com)
- Hurricane Sandy update: Floodwaters breach rivers and submerge towns as ‘storm of the century’ barrels towards East Coast (thisismoney.co.uk)
- Frankenstorm Takes Instagram (digiday.com)
- Officials: SIXTY MILLION in route of Sandy’s wrath (bazaardaily.com)
- The Engineered Storm of The Century: Video Report (conservativeread.com)
- The Engineered Storm of The Century! (socioecohistory.wordpress.com)