Hurricane Sandy: 3million without power, death toll rises to 2 [Update]
According to The Los Angeles Times, Hurricane Sandy has been downgraded to a Cyclone as of 9:30 this evening Eastern Time. Officials told the Times that estimated numbers of those without power have been updated to 3million, and at least 2 people have been killed in the past 2 hours.
Daily News was unable to independently confirm these numbers due to loss of communication with DN reporter Harrison Hill; who is now lost in the storm.
- Officials: Hurricane Sandy ‘Storm of the century’ (bazaardaily.com)
- Hurricane’s death toll rises to 65 in Caribbean (miamiherald.com)
- Update: Hurricane Sandy Death Toll at 41; ‘Super Storm’ Eyes East Coast (insurancejournal.com)
- Hurricane Sandy Playlist – 30 Songs For Singing In The Rain (vividseats.com)
- Hurricane Sandy taking aim at northeastern U.S. (ctvnews.ca)
- Hurricane Sandy speeds towards landfall – CBS News (policyabcs.wordpress.com)