Hurricane Sandy loses hurricane title; makes landfall
With more than 750,000 people remaining out of power, the east coast officially met its match Monday evening after Hurricane Sandy arrived around 8pm Eastern Time hammering the seaboard all together.
With heavy winds, immense rains, and extreme weather conditions the storm has reportedly been downgraded to a lesser than hurricane status almost instantaneously after hitting land in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
High winds caused a luxury crane high atop an NYC building to topple, and local news confirmed to Daily News via satellite images that no injuries were reported during the accident.
- Live Updates: Hurricane Sandy (thedailybeast.com)
- Sandy makes landfall, becomes a Category 2 Hurricane (news.blogs.cnn.com)
- Hurricane Sandy speeds towards landfall – CBS News (policyabcs.wordpress.com)
- Video: Hurricane Sandy Seen by Space Station Astronauts (universetoday.com)
- Hurricane Sandy Prepares To Make Landfall (eurasiareview.com)
- Hurricane Sandy makes landfall; rains, waves hammer East Coast – latimes.com (coralvillecourier.typepad.com)