Bye Bye Current TV: Al Gore’s struggling network purchased by Arab exec
Al Gore, no more. Gore’s long-time struggling T.V network Current T.V is preparing to officially see the axe after it was reportedly bought by Arab T.V exec Al Jazeera. Jazeera reportedly bought the network and plans to rename it to ‘Al Jazeera America’ a network jointly interested in bringing international news to more than 60million American homes.
Al Jazeera has for some time been eying a growth into America allowing his version of the news to be seen in American homes.
- Al Jazeera Buys Al Gore’s Current TV Channel (newser.com)
- Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore (utsandiego.com)
- Al Jazeera buys Al Gore’s Current TV (bizjournals.com)
- Gore Sells Current TV, Nets $100M (snspost.com)
- From Al Gore To Al Jazeera … Who’d Notice ? (genomega1.wordpress.com)
- Al Jazeera Deal Sparks Sharp Backlash (huffingtonpost.com)