Showdown: Hedge fund manager Bill Ackman targeting Herbalife: Find out why
Hedge fund manager, and activist Bill Ackman — we can truly say has a set of balls. Ackman, who runs the $11billion hedge fund Pershing Square took to the media this week to express his doubts within the credibility of Herbalife. According to CNN MONEY, Ackman feels that Herbalife (who has a network of more than 3.2million customers) is nothing short of a pyramid scheme and is out to get consumers.
If and when Ackman is right, he could potentially earn quite a bit of financials however his credibility with the FTC is on the line also if it come out that he be wrong. CNN notes that Ackman is reportedly betting $1billion in assets that the company is truly, a pyramid scheme.
- Ackman Says He’s Just Getting Started Exposing Herbalife (bloomberg.com)
- Bad News for Herbalife (business-opportunities.biz)
- Ackman’s Herbalife thesis: someone from the government will help poor people and billionaire hedge fund managers… (brontecapital.blogspot.com)
- Why Bill Ackman is targeting Herbalife (money.cnn.com)
- Bill Ackman First Looked Into Shorting Herbalife After Receiving A Phone Call From A Former Bloomberg Reporter (businessinsider.com)