Breaking News: Ray Nagin indicted on federal corruption charges
WASHINGTON DC: Daily News has just obtained a federal indictment report in the arrest of former New Orleans mayor Ray Nagin. The report, notes that Nagin — who was indicted this evening is not only wanted on ‘conspiracy charges’ but is also wanted in questioning to a city contractor case.
Daily News subsequently learned while obtaining the indictment report, that Nagin throughout 2006-2008 reportedly filed false income tax returns. Most notably in 2007, Nagin, as heard by the Grand Jury earlier this afternoon claimed in 2007, following Hurricane Katrina that his income was flatly at $150,000 while it wasn’t.
Nagin, wanted mostly for bribery and kickback schemes reportedly awarded special treatment to workmen while receiving personal checks, money orders, and free travel on the dime of the city.
He is also wanted for allegedly receiving compensation in the form of granite via a city contractor.
- Grand Jury Indicts Ray Nagin On Corruption Charges (npr.org)
- Ray Nagin, Former New Orleans Mayor, Indicted On 21 Federal Corruption Counts (wreg.com)
- Former New Orleans mayor Ray Nagin indicted (cbsnews.com)
- Former New Orleans Mayor Nagin Indicted on Corruption Charges (freebeacon.com)
- Ray Nagin Soon to be Fresh Meat? (dreamingallmylife.wordpress.com)
- Ex-New Orleans mayor charged with bribery, fraud (thenewstribune.com)