Kardashian sisters duel with makeup shops over use of name
Lee Tillett, a Beverly Hills based makeup entrepreneur did what most dream of doing — founded her own successful business and was proud to have done so. Now, almost 3 years after beginning Chroma Makeup Studios, the entrepreneur has found herself in a heated legal feud with the Kardashian sisters over use of a name that sounds all too similar to hers.
Chroma Makeup Studio’s has been in business fore more than 12 years, which left co-owner Michael Rey & Lisa Mascino fearful that re-branding their business could cost them many high-profile clients.
Although Chroma has been in business for over a decade, the Kardashian’s have released their own products at places like CVS Pharmacy’s, Walgreen’s, and other related businesses.
“It kills any possibility of ever going into a department store,” said co-owner Michael Rey III. “The global reach of the Kardashians and their ability to flood the market took the name. Our Chroma is lost. Anytime a client mentions Chroma, they’ll say, ‘Kardashian Khroma?’”
- Kardashians face off with makeup shops over name (wyff4.com)
- Kardashian sisters face off with small makeup shops over a name (money.cnn.com)
- Kardashian’s Deal with Lawsuit over Name of Makeup Line (celebs.gather.com)
- Bad Kroma for the Kardashians being sued over cosmetics brand (standard.co.uk)
- Kardashian Makeup Line Being Sued For Copyright Infringement (mix965houston.cbslocal.com)
- Kardashian Makeup Line Being Sued For Copyright Infringement (hothits957.cbslocal.com)