NRA ad includes Obama daughters: Receives backlash
Gun controversy amore — there was something else sparking headlines across the country as Friday finally hit. First noted by POLITICO.COM, the National Rifle Association released a controversial new T.V ad this week featuring none other than Sasha & Malia Obama that almost immediately sparked backlash.
The ad, which asks ‘Are the President’s daughters more important than yours?’ sparked outrage with critics who felt that using the Pres. daughters in a political fight has gone to far.
“Most Americans agree that a president’s children should not be used as pawns in a political fight,” White House press secretary Jay Carney said. “But to go so far as to make the safety of the president’s children the subject of an attack ad is repugnant and cowardly.”
- NRA Ad Targeting Obama Family Called ‘Repugnant And Cowardly’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- NRA Targets Obama Family ‘Why His Children More Safe? (ramanan50.wordpress.com)
- NRA Ad on Obama’s Daughters Criticized by the Media (newsy.com)
- NRA Ad Goes After Obama Daughters (balloon-juice.com)
- It’s official: NRA president loses his ever-loving mind (dailykos.com)
- Christie: NRA Ad on Obama Daughters ‘Reprehensible’ (washington.cbslocal.com)