Burning body of slain doctor recovered
DOWNTOWN PHILLY: Investigators confirm to Daily News that the body of slain doctor Melissa Ketunuti, has been discovered inside of an apartment she had been renting prior to her death. Police say there were no immediate signs of forced entry into Ketunuti’s apartment, however an autopsy is still being conducted to be sure.
“We don’t know if she walked in on individuals inside of her property. We don’t know if individuals forced her inside her property,” or whether or not she knew her killer, Capt Clark said.
Melissa’s body so badly burned just-about unrecognizable was discovered by a dog-walker.
“Melissa was a warm, caring, earnest, bright young woman with her whole future ahead of her,” said Dr Paul Offit, chief of the Division of Infectious Diseases. “But more than that, she was admired, respected and loved by those with whom she worked here at CHOP.”
A Daily News reader revealed that Ketunuti may have been married to a man by the name of Geoffrey Bryant Smith; either divorced or married – awaiting confirmation.
- Police Identify Body Of Burned CHOP Doctor Found Inside Center City Home (philadelphia.cbslocal.com)
- Bound, burned woman found dead in Philly home (ktvb.com)
- Bound, burned woman found dead in Philly home (sfgate.com)
- Police Probe Killing of Woman in Downtown Philly (abcnews.go.com)
- Dog walker made horrifying discovery of woman slain, set afire (philly.com)
- Pediatrician slain – found bound and on fire in her Center City home (philly.com)