Macy’s shoe salesman hurt by online sale frenzy: Kinda funny
NEW YORK, NEW YORK: Macy’s department store, home of some of the greatest shoes known to man — is apparently a deadly place to work; especially if your a paid-by-commission worker that found yourself in the middle of a major shoe frenzy. Enter: Nelson Springer.
Springer, who works at Macy’s flagship in New York City revealed that in Macy’s most recent online & flagship sale (in which the store saw massive spikes in sale reports) he was hurt; financially anyway. Macy’s online sales boosted by more than 50% after the most recent sale went public.
Which according to Springer troubled his monthly net income due in part to the fact that he only gets paid by each sale he makes (even though he earns 8% on each commission). Springer lost about $5,000 a month in his paycheck due to the online sales.
- Macy’s shoe salesman hurt by online sales (wyff4.com)
- Macy’s shoe salesman hurt by online sales (money.cnn.com)
- Macy’s to Close 6 Stores, Open or Expand 9 (hispanicbusiness.com)
- Retailers beef up online muscle (triblive.com)
- Macy’s To Close Downtown Houston Store (houston.cbslocal.com)
- Macy’s CMO: Here’s The True Purpose Of Our Gigantic Flagship Store (M) (businessinsider.com)