Russia moving to ban homosexual behavior
A new bill in Moscow is being pushed by Orthodox churches throughout the country, and apparently is gaining some steam. According to NEWSER, the country’s leading politicians have begun to back a bill that would make homosexual behavior [i.e that famous 2009 boyfriend kiss] illegal by all means; and would carry up to $16,000 in fines.
Many of Russia’s most populous cities already have similar laws on their own books; which are seen as an attempt to promote traditional Russian values compared to Western liberals.
- Russia may ban “homosexual propaganda” nationwide (cbsnews.com)
- Russia moves to enact laws against ‘homosexual propaganda’ (foxnews.com)
- Russian ‘kissing’ protest against anti-gay law draws assault from Orthodox activists (vancouversun.com)
- Russia moves to enact anti-gay law nationwide (miamiherald.typepad.com)
- Russia Moves to Enact Anti-Gay Law Nationwide (abcnews.go.com)
- Russia Moves to Enact Anti-Gay Law Nationwide (world.time.com)