Benghazi hearing: Clinton fights back ‘I did not see any personal requests for more security’
WASHINGTON, DC: As she sat before the Foreign Affairs Committee this morning, Hilary Rodham Clinton — America’s top diplomat fought back forcefully against harsh Republican criticism claiming she didn’t do her job correctly to save the lives of those killed in the deadly Benghazi attacks.
During the hearing, Daily News reporter David Ross had the chance to hear what Clinton told the committee — followed by a few laughs, pounds on the table, and what looked to be a tear or two. Republican Senator Ron Johnson, during the hearing, claimed that the Obama administration had misled American‘s by saying the Benghazi attacks had been started by protests that went to far.
Although, Clinton said otherwise.
As the hearing continued to get underway, Clinton made her first comment pre-Johnson critcism
“For me, this is not just a matter of policy—it’s personal,” she told the Senate Foreign Relations Committee as the 2-1/2-hour hearing got underway.
“With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest? Or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided they’d go kill some Americans? What difference, at this point, does it make” Clinton scolded Johnson, raising her voice. “ It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it rom ever happening again, Senator.”
- Live blog: Clinton testifies on Benghazi attack (news.blogs.cnn.com)
- Hillary Clinton testifies on Benghazi attack (oregonlive.com)
- Hillary Clinton grilled over Benghazi attack before Congress (cbc.ca)
- Clinton to face GOP grilling over Benghazi attack (ksat.com)
- Congress Set to Question Hillary Clinton on Security Failures in Benghazi (redalertpolitics.com)
- Clinton to face GOP grilling over Benghazi attack (wpbf.com)