Star Spangled-Backlash: Aretha Franklin defends Bey Bey’s lip syncing whiplash
Soul-music legend Aretha Franklin is apparently one of those musical greats, herself, who has lip-synched. In a new interview with Good Morning America, the 70-somethin legend told the talk-show that she felt Beyonce did no wrong in lip-synching the national anthem as it had been terrible weather to have even sung in the first place.
“When I heard the news this evening that she was pre-recorded, I really laughed. I thought it was funny because the weather down there was about 46 or 44 degrees and for most singers that is just not good singing weather,” Franklin told ABC News in an interview Tuesday. In fact, the weather was even colder than that on Monday, around 40 degrees.
- Beyoncé’s Lip-Synching Makes Aretha Franklin Giddy, Incoherent (gawker.com)
- Beyonce lip-synching: What stars including Aretha Franklin, Jennifer Lopez, Miranda Lambert have to say (Photos) (o.canada.com)
- Beyoncé’s Lip Synch Woes: Aretha Franklin Thinks It’s Hilarious?? (perezhilton.com)
- Don’t Worry, Beyonce! Here’s 7 Other Celebs Who Have Been Caught Lip Synching Before! (perezhilton.com)
- Beyonce Lip Sync Has Aretha Franklin “Cracking Up” With Laughter (contactmusic.com)
- Aretha Franklin Thinks Beyoncé’s Lip-Synching Scandal Is a Hoot (vulture.com)