Members of anonymous unveiled & jailed: Finally
Self-described “hacktivist” Christopher Weatherhead was convicted last month of conspiracy to impair the operation of computers. The attacks hit the sites of MasterCard, Visa, PayPal and several others.
Prosecutors said Weatherhead and his fellow conspirators targeted companies in the music industry involved in combating Internet piracy and companies that had stopped processing online donations to the secret-busting site WikiLeaks.
One co-defendant, 28-year-old Ashley Rhodes, was jailed for seven months. Another, 24-year-old Peter Gibson, received a suspended sentence.
- Anonymous members jailed for attacks on Visa, PayPal (mercurynews.com)
- Anonymous members jailed for card company attacks (sfgate.com)
- Anonymous members jailed for card company attacks (jsonline.com)
- UK Anonymous Hacktivists Get Jail Time (it.slashdot.org)
- Anonymous members jailed for card company attacks (thenewstribune.com)