Chris Brown’s probation in jeopardy
Brown is at risk of having his probation revoked following an alleged Sunday night brawl with Ocean, reportedly over a parking space.
In 2009, Brown was sentenced to five years probation for assaulting his on-again-off-again girlfriend, Rihanna.
It’s unclear exactly what happened during the fight, but Ocean tweeted he “got jumped” by Brown and was left with an injury to his finger. The sheriff’s deputies told Reuters witnesses are saying Brown punched Ocean.
If Ocean decides to press charges for Sunday’s fight, Brown’s probation could be revoked, Reuters reported. And the R&B singer seems likely to take action, Los Angeles County Sheriff‘s spokesman Steve Whitmore told Reuters, saying Ocean “is desirous of prosecution in this incident.”
The Sherrif’s Department is conducting a battery investigation over the alleged incident, according to TheWrap, and officials are expected to reach out to Brown, who reportedly left the scene before they could interview him.
TMZ reported that Brown is eager to speak with law enforcement officials and share his side of the story.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Frank Ocean may want Chris Brown prosecuted for alleged brawl (thegrio.com)
- Chris Brown’s probation in jeopardy following alleged brawl with Frank Ocean (foxnews.com)
- #CLAPBACK: Looks Like Chris Brown May End Up Going To Jail (soletschat.net)
- chris brown involved in fight with frank ocean (thesun.co.uk)
- Chris Brown investigated for possible assault (thehimalayantimes.com)
- Frank Ocean Wants Chris Brown Charged for Alleged Brawl (eonline.com)